Sunday, April 21, 2013

Liebster Award


I have been nominated again by 4 different bloggers for the Liebster Award over the past few weeks. WOW, that means my blog has been nominated with a total of 6 times. You can read my first post about the award here.

This post is going to be a lengthy one. I will answer all 4 of the bloggers questions who nominated me and I will also nominate other blogs for this award. It is only fair to help other bloggers who are working hard to get out in there. I hope that all of you enjoy reading this.


What is the Liebster Award?



In the blogging world it is an award for new bloggers who are just starting out. This award gets passed around by other bloggers who were nominated and they nominate other new bloggers. This helps getting the new blogs noticed. Pretty cool, huh? Basically, the purpose of the Liebster Award is to get blogs with less than 200 followers noticed.


Rules


1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen.

4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award so show it off! Wink...Wink.




Thank You


I want to thank the 4 bloggers who took the time to view my blog and nominated me for this award. It truly means a lot and it shows that people do pay attention to what is going on in the blogging world. That in itself is a great feeling knowing that my hard work is paying off.

Cindy at Little Miss Celebration who nominated me on March 21, 2013. 

Un Super Mom at My Crazy, Mixed Up, Oh so Sweet Life who nominated me on April 10, 2013. 

Corey at Corey's Creative Corner who nominated me on April 12, 2013. 

Christy at Teacher momma who nominated me on April 15, 2013.


Questions from the Nominator


Because I had 4 different bloggers who nominated me for this award, I will answer their questions separately. Whew! That is a lot of questions, but this will be fun!


1. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be and why?

I don't know that I would want to be anyone else for one day. What if they were crazier than I...LOL! 

2. Who is your favorite musical artist or group?

Muse

3. If you could be on a reality show, which one would you want to be on?

Trading Spaces

4. What's been your biggest cooking disaster?

Making scrambled eggs with baloney. This was when I was younger.

5. I would love to learn how to.... (fill in the blank)

I would love to learn how to make stain glass

6. What movie has made you laugh the most?

This one is easy, Hangover I and II

7. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Things that are not organized and is out of place.

8. If you can pick another first name for yourself, what would it be?

Isabelle

9. What country would you most likely visit that you haven't yet?

I would love to visit the UK.

10. Other than Christmas (if you celebrate it) what is your favorite holiday?

Valentine's Day, because it is 2 days after my birthday. Double the gifts ; D

11. What is your favorite dessert?

Banana pudding



1. When do you find the time to blog?

I find that it is easier for me to blog in the evening when I have less interruptions.

2. IF you could be any animal, what would it be and why?

I would be a tiger or panther because they are fast.

3. Describe what you feel when you see your favorite color?

I get happy when I see my favorite color.

4. What is your favorite television show?

Grey's Anatomy

5. What one thing would you like your children take into adulthood?

I only have one child. I would want her to take independence into adulthood.

6. What does your family think of your blog?

They think it is interesting.

7. What would your dream vacation be?

Vacation over seas.

8. What is your favorite midnight snack?

M&M

9. What daily chore do you despise the most?

Dishes, because I have to do them by hand.

10. What advice would you give to a first time blogger?

Stick with it. Don't go in to this thinking it is get rich quick deal. Do because it is fun and you like it.

11. If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?

I wish I could lose weight over night, I wish to live some place that is warm all year around, and I wish that I was energetic now like I was when I was young.



1. How long have you had your blog or website?

I have had my blog since January 2013

2. If you could choose any where to live besides where you reside, where would it be and why?

Some place that is warm all year around because I love the warm weather and it keeps me happy.

3. What is your favorite way to pass time?

Being outdoors when it is warm outside doing anything from going for walks to watching my daughter play.

4. If you could star in a movie or musical what would it be?

I really don't know.

5. What is your biggest pet-peeve?

Things that are not organized or not in their place.

6. Would you rather bungee jump or sky dive?

This one is tough, because I want to do both. I am adventurous! I think I would do the bungee jump first then I would move up to doing the sky dive. 

7. Where's your favorite place to vacation?

Florida

8. Who do you relate more to, Martha Stewart or Rachael Ray?

Martha Stewart

9. What is your best joke you ever told or heard?

I could not put the joke on here, it is not exactly PG rated.

10. What do you wish you had more time for doing?

I wish I had more time to travel.

11. What is your cup full of: Tea, Coffee, or Soda?

Soda & Tea


Christy at Teacher momma

1. Who or what is your inspiration?

My inspiration is artist who have been able to make a living doing what they love. I would like to get to that point being able to sell my work.

2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?

Drink some water.

3. How do you handle a stressful day?

Not well...it drains me

4. What book do you recommend all parents read to their children?

The Critters

5. When the kids go to bed what do you do?

Watch some shows and catch up on my projects.

6. What is the one thing about your past you wish you could change?

That I continued my schooling right after high school. 

7. If you had a million dollars, what would you buy?

 A home that is custom built to our specific needs that is fully organized.

8. Why did you start blogging?

For the past few years, I have always wanted to blog. Eventually, I would like it to make money. My goal is to give this blog a full year and see where it takes me from there.

9. Are you going to follow all the award nominees?

I follow blogs that have similar interests that I have. So most like yes.

10. What is one thing you hope your children remember about you?

I hope my daughter will remember how much I enjoy making the things I made for her.

11. How would you define your character?

I am strong willed and determine.



11 Random Facts About Me


1. I am at my happiest when it is warm and sunny outside. I love being outside.

2. I am a mother to a beautiful 6-year old girl.

3. I am a full time Graphic Design online student at Full Sail University. I will receive my bachelors of science in spring of 2014.

4. I am married and will be celebrating 13 years in June.

5. Addicted to Pinterest - so many things that are inspiring. You are welcome to follow me here.

6. I do different hobbies - paper crafts, beading sewing, crochet, DIY, and much more. It is not common to find me having more than one project going at the same time.

7. Get bored easily - if it is not interesting, you lost me.

8. Love books and magazines, especially the creative stuff. Love to read paranormal books. Yes, I read the twilight books.

9. I can spend hours in a place that has books, art, and a cute coffee shop.

10. I struggle with depression, especially in the winter months in Michigan.

11. Dreaming of owning a studio/coffee shop in an art community on a coastline.



The 44 nominees that I have chosen


Yes you read that right.  I have chosen 44 nominees for the Liebster Award. Remember, 4 different bloggers awarded me this. I could have just stayed at 11 nominees overall, but I figured it would be great to help spread the love.

1 - Jessica @ A Shimmering Star
2 - Samantha @ A 2nd Life Vintage
3 - Gaby @ Beauty Madness
4 - Jess & Lynns @ Clean Lean Mommy Machine
5 - Dianna @ Craft A Spell
6 - Ruth @ Craft With Ruth Cartwright
7 - Britiany @ Crafty Craziness
8 - Megan @ Crafty Meggy
9 - Ellie @ Creative Geekery
10 - DeDe @ Designed Decor
11 - Ali @ Dream Crafter
12 - Nicky @ Feeling The Empty Nest
13 - Renee @ The Hansen Family Chaos
14 - Kelly @ Here Is My Take On It
15 - Kinsely @ Home Styled
16 - Nicolette @ I am at Home
17 - Joy @ Joy 2 Journey
18 - Kate @ Kate At Home
19 - Debby @ Kidcrossing Barefoot
20 - Rubi @ Lily Among Thorns
21 - Brittnay @ Little Inspirations
22 - Amanda @ Mondern Hippie Momma
23 - Ann Marie @ Musings of a Vintage Junkie
24 - Naptime Nothings
25 - Bethany @ Bethany the ngnrdgrl
26 - Jess @ Plucky's Second Thought
27 - Claudia @ Pretty Little Dahlia
28 - Lisa @ Sprouting Creative Wings
29 - McCall @ Whatcha - McCall - It
30 - Ashley @ That Hooah Life
31 - Brooke @ Mom Explores Michigan
32 - Charity @ The Word Of A Nerd
33 - Camilia @ Titi Crafty
34 - Mandellu @ Urban Sky
35 - Rachel @ The Vintage Honeybee
36 - Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy
37 - Theresa @ Working Traveling Mom
38 - Desiree @ Your Crafty Friend
39 - Reecea @ Fresh Juniper
40 - Tina @ Giving N Sharing
41 - Alicia @ Master Of Mom
42 - Mia @ Teenage Beauty Blog
43 - Shannon @ Adventures In Homeschooling
44 - Lizabeth @ Just Dip In Chocolate

There you have it, 44 blogs that have been chosen for this Liebster Award. It took me all weekend to find blogs that have 200 or less followers. Majority of them I am following on bloglovin. With the switch over to Bloglovin, I wonder if this award will change the rules. Either way, I looked at both the GFC and the Bloglovin numbers. You could do what ever floats your boat.



3 comments:

Please know that I do read each and every one of your comments. I will reply as much as I can and I will ansewers questions for sure. Thank you for commenting!

Due to large number of spam, I have turned on the word verification.

Joanne @ Creative Mess

Blogging tips